Beyond Access - Disability and Transforming the Cultural Ecosystem
26. Mai 2023, 10:00 - 13:00 Uhr
Europe Beyond Access, Europe’s largest Arts & Disability programme co-financed by Creative Europe, is organising two key culminating online events at the end of May. Full event details can be found here (free, but booking required):
On Friday 26 May 2023 at 10:00-13:00 CEST (Paris / Berlin) is the symposium ‘Europe Beyond Access: Disability and Transforming the Cultural Ecosystem‘, livestreaming direct from Brussels as part of Kunstenfestivaldesarts. The symposium will feature a stellar line-up of international speakers to discuss the nexus between policy, political actions, and cultural accessibility for disabled artists and audiences. There will also be two provocations from independent producer Nadja Dias and independent artist and consultant Noa Winter, plus short screenings of films about allyship in the arts and the Italian collective Al. Di. Qua.
The panel discussion ‘How Policymakers in Europe can lead the way in Cultural Accessibility’ will be moderated by Maria Vlachou, Director of Portugal’s Acesso Cultura Association, and feature contributions from:
- Georg Häusler: Director Culture, Creativity And Sport, European Commission
- Kim Simpson: Head of Equalities, Diversity & Inclusion, Creative Scotland (UK)
- Aristide Rontini: Dancemaker, Choreographer, and co-founder of Al.Di.Qua Association (IT)
- Magnus Jörgel: Head of Unit, Skåne Region Cultural Administration (SWE)
- Marie le Sourd: Director, On The Move
Please find here more information on the programme & registration.